The University of South Florida Sarasota‐Manatee provides high quality bachelor’s and graduate‐level education and scholarly activity in a personalized learning community that prepares successful leaders and responsible citizens.
Why this mission?
- USF Sarasota‐Manatee’s primary focus is to provide a quality curriculum and
instruction at an affordable cost, which addresses the specific higher education needs of the residents in the region.
- USF Sarasota‐Manatee offers a flexible mix of online and classroom instruction at
times that are convenient to the large commuter student population.
- USF Sarasota‐Manatee offers additional certificate programs and internships that
meet the unique needs of employers and employees in the region.
- USF Sarasota‐Manatee partners with local businesses, non‐profits, and educational
institutions to ensure that the educational programs provide qualified employment
candidates to address current and future community needs.
- USF Sarasota‐Manatee’s size supports a personalized learning experience built on
small class sizes, individual attention, campus experiences, and opportunities for
As a valued member of the USF System, the University of South Florida Sarasota‐Manatee will be nationally recognized as a student‐centered, research focused, community‐engaged university with significant economic and cultural impact to the region.
Why this vision?
USF Sarasota‐Manatee will grow enrollment and reputation by offering the highest quality advanced education programs for the region. This high quality will be reflected in our students’ successes by attracting and retaining highly qualified faculty, expanding research impact, and achieving continuous national accreditation for its programs. USF Sarasota‐Manatee’s community engagement commitment will be recognized for its significant impact on the quality of life in the region.